Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bald Eagles

Just Amazing.

Meal time....
These were actually taken last year right around this time.
From sometime in December til sometime in Feb. or March the Bald Eagles come to the Dam by the dozens. It was so fun to watch them, stand right under them, and close by.
They are really so magnificent.
I have found, the colder the day the more likely you will see them flying around. The earlier in the morning helps also.
This is a Juvenile. I believe they take about 2 years to get their full color.
This is only about half of what I saw when I first drove up. The trees were full. I counted close to 40 Eagles on this day. There had to be more that I missed.

I am sure I might have a few better pictures than some of these. When you have over 100 of the same bird scattered, it's hard to sort through them.
I will sure miss being able to see them. My kids sure enjoyed it just as much as I did.

No comments: