Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Big Horn Sheep

Our family was sledding close by here when we finally realized they were there.
At first, I kept hearing a dog. So I thought. Then I realized it was a coyote.
It was going on and on.... It did not stop yelping. I am guessing it was calling out to others because it found food. I wished I had my binoculars. It sounded really close by and I could tell the direction it was coming from.
We went down a hill a bit when I finally spotted them.

I ran and got my camera from the car. I am guessing we scared the coyote off when we got closer. My husband took all of the close up shots. He found some tall grass to hide behind.
They kept hearing him and looking his direction, but did not seem to care
It would be fun to go back and find them with binoculars to read there tags.
It's cool to see the GPS collars on them.
This was a fun experience to be so up close in the wild.

By the way... They are on the top of the golf course on the edge of the mountain. Of course there is great green grass under all that snow.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Once again..you capture natures beauty! Love it!